Thursday 23 February 2012

Animation/ style tests for Surge

Another project I'm helping with as part of the Assistant Animator module is Zeke Ares's project, Surge.
Surge is a trailer for an imaginary stop-motion retelling of H.G.Wells's War of the Worlds and I'm helping out by animating the 2d parts, largely screaming, panicking people. Zeke wants a liney, jaggey rendering of the people and suggested charcoal as a medium.

This is a quick test I did of a few different mediums, including charcoal and some different run cycles. Please excuse the see-throughness for now, the people will be opaque in the final thing.



Unfortunately I didn't have a photo of the set when I did the animations so the perspective is off and I had to scale massively. Even so I think it's been a useful test. Come time to do the animations proper I will make them smaller (so less scaling is involved and the charcoal/pencil/etc. texture will be more obvious), darker and they will be generally better animated as I've now practiced the run cycles a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment