Thursday 15 March 2012

Run cycle and rendering tests for Surge

Here are some more run cycles I've done as a test for Zeke Ares's project, Surge.

Since the majority of the film will be set at night my previous dark pencil and charcoal renderings aren't really suitable, they'll blend into the background too much. To counter this Zeke asked if I could try giving them brighter highlights and this is what I've done.



Run cycle rendering test for Surge from Dan Roberts on Vimeo.

Since I only had white paper I used pencil as normal for these and drew the highlights on with a darker pencil, then inverted the colours and tweaked the levels. I'm pretty happy with the result and when I've spent a little more time on the animations come the final version I think it will fit in really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment